Friday, July 21, 2006

The "Ragfields" are going to Nicaragua!!

Yesterday a big box from Forestry Suppliers arrived at school for me. I went to go pick it up and then Rob and I met at Travel Cuts to see about our plane tickets. Travel Cuts made it so easy!! Months ago, another travel agency had told me that the maximum I could buy a plane ticket for was 120 days. Beyond that, I would have to buy an "open-ended" ticket that cost around $2000. This had caused me a great deal of stress. Either I come home every 4 months, or not at all. At Travel Cuts, they told me they could get me a plane ticket for any amount of time: 4 months, 6 months, 8 months... whatever. Also, they were incredibly nice. We ended up deciding to initially depart on August 8 and return on December 20. We're coming home for the holidays!! We'll be with our friends and family for the winter solstice, Christmas, New Years... the whole she-bang. I am so so happy about that!

So we have a day of departure now. August 8. We're leaving super early in the morning, but that puts us into Managua at around 12:30pm. This is great because I'd like to take a taxi to Granada (about 40 minutes away) and stay there overnight. It will be really nice to relax in Granada in the afternoon, and then we're much closer to the ferry the next day.

That's all for now. I'll post a picture of the big box of supplies that arrived yesterday...

4 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Jodi said...

Travelcuts is awesome. I used them all the time when I was back in Canada, and I've used them for almost every flight I've taken since moving down here. Did you deal with the blonde woman? She's super nice and she's originally from Saskachewan!

 
At 3:05 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Melissa said...

Jodi--
It was the same woman who helped me yesterday. She was wearing a shirt that said something "Canada" on it, even though I would have known from her accent. She is my new best friend!

Frida--
How interesting that you were at Travel Cuts yesterday. I think they are the best!

I am so sorry to hear about your positive TB test. This happened recently with another friend and she is fine but is taking antibiotics for it. Please keep me updated!

 
At 4:45 PM, July 21, 2006, Blogger Jodi said...

Congratulations on meeting your first Saskachewaner! (Or Saskachewanian?) But why is Martin going to San Antonio?

I remember that Sarah Smith tested positive for TB before she left for Chicago. Frida, I hope you don't have to forgo alcohol for 5-6 months!

And I hope you didn't get the TB from my beans!!!

 
At 4:34 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger amypfan said...

Hooray! You are more than invited to spend the night with us pre-departure, if you're flying out of Indy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home