Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another day, another zucchini

After reading Bugaboo's helpful, pep-talk comment from my last post, I went to school today to try to find this ThinkPad computer she mentioned. Once I was at school, Bugaboo continued her pep-talk in person and she helped me find the ThinkPad in SL's office. Bless you, Bugaboo.

When I came home this afternoon, I found another zucchini perched on the fence in the backyard. I went out to retrieve it and left a note that said: "Thank you! Please help yourself to cucumbers and tomatoes!"

Rob also brought some type of Tablet style computer home from work. That was the one we ended up using, because it was faster. So, I set everything up (load cell, test jig, scissors, etc) and it just worked! I have no idea what the problems were supposed to be, but it didn't seem to be having them anymore. They had said the "start signal" wasn't working... I didn't really know what that meant, but I assumed that it meant the machine would not start or record any data points. Well, tonight it was definitely recording data points. I sliced up some leaves, using some of our plants as specimens. Petunia leaves were the toughest thing I sliced-- over 1200 J/m^2. I'm thinking.... am I really doing this right?? Could it be that there is some problem and I'm so clueless about this machine that I just don't know it?? I will have to email B and see what he thinks about this.

For the time being, I am cautiously optimistic that everything is sort of beginning to fall into place!

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Jodi said...

Yay! That's really great! The zucchini fairy godmother is looking out for you!!

(Psst..."minivan" ;)

 
At 11:44 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Melissa said...

Jodi--
Rob said the best way to get your "minivan" is for you to come over here--with your computer-- sometime when he is around. What is your schedule like? We are busy Thursday evening and Saturday evening, but we will probably be around Friday and Saturday during the day.

Frida--
If you ever start feeling "old," just remember that you will never be as old as Martin!

I could tell you what "minivan" is, but then I would have to kill you and I don't want to do that. (Just kidding, I can tell you off the blog).

I would be happy to share some zucchinis with you, especially if the zucchini fairy continues to drop them off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home