Thursday, July 13, 2006

Back on the wagon (or off the wagon?)

Went to the public health center this morning to get my second dose of Twinrix (the Hepatitis A and B combo) plus a typhoid immunization. I’ve been to Nicaragua twice with absolutely no immunizations (come to find out, not even a current tetanus shot—which is really the only thing I might need). The typhoid shot kind of hurts and my arm is fairly immobile, but at least now I am vaccinated for just about anything that could go wrong.

I’ve hardly been able to sleep the last couple of nights, and its really taking its toll. Am starting to feel like a zombie during the daytime. Also, I haven’t had any coffee in over a week. You’d think that would make me have less problems sleeping, but apparently not. I didn’t really try to give up coffee, I just stopped wanting it. And then I decided to see how long I could go. Well, that ended today. Actually, it was mainly decaf (and shade grown, organic, and fair trade imported from Nicaragua of course), but I guess I am back on the wagon (or off the wagon? Isn’t that from a Seinfeld episode?). Whichever the case, I’m just going to try to drink less coffee from now on. Giving up the caffeine addiction would definitely help me roll out of bed at 4am and follow monkeys all day.

This afternoon Rob and I went to a lawyer to go over the legal issues of selling our house. The whole thing has been pretty smooth actually. We’re selling the house to a couple of our closest friends (hi C and J if you are reading). I love our house and I am sad to leave, but it makes me really happy that C and J are going to live here after we are gone. It also makes me happy to have a lawyer. When things go wrong in movies or on TV, people are always saying, “You’re going to hear from my lawyer about this.” Now I can say that too. Watch out, Greg and Martin!

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, July 14, 2006, Blogger Melissa said...

Bueno, Frida. Podemos ir a "Cafe Paradiso"... es cerca de Espresso.... Hasta pronto, amiga!

 
At 6:56 PM, July 14, 2006, Blogger Jodi said...

Is there a vaccine for TB yet? I may need to make a trip to McKillme for some shots too soon, esp. after having dug up what I've been digging up these past few weeks (remind me to tell you all about it over MSN or when I see you in person.)

Forget Frida's hippie ideas about your breathing, and just start drinking really heavily every day starting around 7pm. You'll sleep like a baby (a drunk baby, but don't all babies seem like they're drunk?), and you won't hear Rob snore at all. Waking up each morning may become a problem, though. And the monkeys may run from you if you smell like a brewery.

 
At 10:41 PM, July 14, 2006, Blogger Melissa said...

Jodi--
Now I am very curious to hear about what you have been digging up.... Depending on what you need shots for, the public health center is probably way cheaper than McKinley. I don't think there is a vaccine for TB-- just antibiotics if you test positive!

Ha ha, I have tried drinking, but actually that seems to keep me up more. I am going to try Frida's method of meditation, but I am finding it hard to turn off all the things in my mind that I am freaking out about. Oh, and for the record, Rob does not snore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home