Friday, July 14, 2006

5 years and counting


Today is our 5th wedding anniversary—where does the time go? I guess that means we’ve actually been together for almost 9 years. And honestly, I don’t think we’ve ever had a real, true fight. I don’t think I could ever be mad at Rob for longer than about 2 seconds.

When I woke up this morning, I noticed that someone had left a nice, giant zucchini on our back porch. I went out to investigate and there wasn’t a note or anything, so its a mystery. My guess is that its one of our neighbors—an older fellow who has a big garden in the community garden plots over at Parkland. A nice gift. I will have to think of something good to make with it. My mom suggested that maybe I could leave a thank you note out in the same spot, in case they came back!

I spent much of the afternoon hanging out in the coffee shop with Frida. I rode my bike over there, and on the way I was really happy to notice that it looks like they’re done with the road construction on John Street. Hooray. I hated riding through that when the road was all torn up. At any rate, I feel like I did a much better job speaking Spanish that the last several times Frida and I have chatted, but I guess she will have to be the judge of that! On his way home from work, Rob swung by and picked up Frida, me and my bike (Iris 2) in the mini-van (which his parents have kindly loaned us for moving).

Now there is talk of going out to dinner... Indian food perhaps, yummmm. Just wanted to post something in the blog today--July 14! In addition to our anniversary, its Bastille Day. Vive la France!

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, July 15, 2006, Blogger Jodi said...

Happy 5th anniversary!!

I don't think you could stay mad at anyone for longer than 2 seconds. (Except Bernardo.)

Oh hey -- before you leave, could you ask Rob if he has any more/new info on that upcoming version of Mathematica?

 
At 9:03 AM, July 17, 2006, Blogger amypfan said...

Happy anniversary! The family all says so too, as they are currently gathered around my computer here in the PPI lobby, amazed at the computer proficiency they believe is involved in blogging. Remember when you came up her with us and worked on your anthropology correspondence course while sitting on the beach?

 
At 6:22 PM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Melissa said...

Jodi--
Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Its true, I probably have been mad at Bernardo for more than 2 seconds. Oh, and I will see to it that you get the Mathematica you need ;)

Frida--
You and Martin will be celebrating 5 years before you know it!! Thank you for the anniversary wishes.

Amy et al--
Hopefully your fam gets the hang of the blog. I do remember going to PPI with you and the fam, but I don't remember doing any Anthropology homework then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home