Saturday, July 14, 2007

Six year anniversary of the Ragfields



Well, it was 6 years ago today that Rob and I were married. That means we’ve actually known each other for almost 10 years. So far its been working out pretty well.

Here—in no particular order—are a few random selections from a list I made entitled “1000 Reasons Why I Love Rob.”

1. You moved the clocks for me.
4. You ride your bike everywhere.
7. Sometimes when I least expect it, you save the last brownie for me.
16. You have your own dance move, which I call “The Rob.”
40. You can clog.
45. You convinced me that we should get a tandem bike.
58. You like salad.
82. You can multiply large numbers in your head more quickly than a calculator.
97. When the pond froze, you shoveled a path and went ice-skating.
100. You warm my feet at night in the winter.
109. You have gone through the drive-thru at the bank while on your bike.
111. You can squeeze toothpaste from the tube far beyond the point at which I think it is humanly possible.
118. You look really cool in sunglasses.
125. You ran for a public office as a write-in candidate.
145. You can sing “Living on a Prayer” in a Scottish accent.
167. You stop for turtles.
171. You rode your bike to Altagracia at 6:00 in the morning to get medicine for the baby howler monkey we were trying to save.

Sometimes I still find it hard to believe that my life has turned out this good. If I had it to do all over again, I would, but I'd probably want to get married barefoot on a mountain-top instead of in such a frilly dress. I'd still want chocolate cake and bridesmaids though.

Thanks for reading.

7 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, July 14, 2007, Blogger foxymomma said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE RAGFIELDS---SUCH A BOOK OF MEMORIES you have already, in 6 years... and what a WONDERFUL list of why you love Robby!!!! HE IS A KEEPER--- May you see YEARS and YEARS of ANNIVERSARIES!!! OUR bestest to you both, and counting the days until you ARRIVE STATESIDE!!!! 4 weeks!!! LUV and HUGS and TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER,

 
At 6:33 AM, July 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome list... We knew he was pretty great, but now everyone knows. Thanks for sharing!
Mom Scho

 
At 6:37 AM, July 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost forgot to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY....
You've sure packed a lot in to those six years!
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! !
We love you both.
Mom and Dad Scho

 
At 9:52 AM, July 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

I would love to read the rest of the list. Maybe you can share it with us when you get back.

Auntie Scho

P.S. Number 145???!!! I need proof of that!

 
At 6:19 PM, July 15, 2007, Blogger amypfan said...

Happy anniversary!! If you ever want to do a rededication ceremony, I'm in for standing barefoot on a mountaintop, and I'll even provide the chocolate cake. We're in Michigan at PPI right now, and we're having a pretty good time, in spite of the fact that Bryn has basically been crying nonstop for 3 days. Less than a month until you come home!

 
At 8:40 PM, July 15, 2007, Blogger Aimee said...

what a wonderful list!

 
At 5:45 PM, July 16, 2007, Blogger Logan's Mama said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Bastille Day!
I still have the celandon bridesmaid dress hanging in my closet, although it is unlikely to fit at this point.
Congratulations on six adventurous years. As for #145, I hope to hear "Living on a Prayer" in a Scottish accent when you and Rob visit next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home