Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lucy's Leap

A tourist who’s been staying here for a while told me that my blog is the number one hit if you Google “Moyogalpa” and “ATM.” Ah, the not-so fond-memories of wretching on that infamous ferry ride.

Yesterday (Monday) I was back out in the forest and had a pretty good day, all things considered. Today (Tuesday) was much more challenging, but if I can just make it through tomorrow (Wednesday), I’ll be done with data this month.

When I got home today, Lucy the Squirrel was perched outside our room and she was chattering loudly. I was really happy to see her again because it had been a while. She could barely contain her excitement as I came into the room to get some cookies to share with her. Rob was out on a bike ride, but when he got home he told me that Lucy had been chattering beside our room all day. He said that when he left for his bike ride, Lucy leapt onto his leg and clung to him. I guess he didn’t like that too much, but I’m sure Lucy didn’t mean any harm. One time while I was walking through town, I’m pretty sure I saw her riding on a little boy’s shoulder.

That’s all for now. Thanks for reading. And thanks to all for your emails and comments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home