Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

I’m not superstitious at all (at least about the usual things, such as black cats and Friday the 13th), so I went out to the forest today without any trepidation. There were a few difficulties, but overall, it was a pretty good day. When I got home from the forest this evening, I was reflecting on how well everything has been going lately and I was feeling a bit relieved after all of the difficulties I had in June.

Then I heard from my mom, who told me that my dad had gotten very sick this morning and had to be rushed to the hospital to have emergency surgery. He is doing much better now, and after a bit of recovery it seems like he will be as good as new. What a Friday the 13th. To think, I’d been blithely sitting in the forest all day, having no idea that all of this was happening back at home. It seems like since Rob and I have been gone, a ton of our friends and family have had major health scares. We are really hoping that everyone stays healthy and happy from now on.

Please send out some get-well-wishes to my dad, to speed him along in his recovery. Thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, July 14, 2007, Blogger foxymomma said...

Bless you, Dad is going to be fine!!! We'll just remember THIS particular FRIDAY the 13th!!!! and REMEMBER Grampa George used to say, if there was anything worse than a Friday the 13th, it was a MONDAY the 13th!!!! SO , very glad you are to arrive SUNDAY the 12th!!!! EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!!! Take care, luv and hugs

 
At 6:31 AM, July 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers to Dick for a speedy recovery! Hope you're feeling better.
The Scho'ss

 
At 6:17 PM, July 15, 2007, Blogger amypfan said...

Yikes, what kind of surgery? Best wishes to Dad R....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home