Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One-year anniversary of the blog

Number of Ticks Removed: 63
Days Tick Free: 5

It was one year ago today that I began the blog. I browsed through some of my old posts, just to remind myself of all that has taken place in the past year, and I was overwhelmed by the lameness of my entries. This pretty much happens whenever I go back and re-read anything I’ve ever written. After the fact it always seems so lame. The only thing that I think has maintained some of its integrity is my NSF grant, although if you look closely, there are a few typos in there.

At any rate, I am doing my best to struggle through the last few weeks of the project. It would be nice to end this on a high note, but the rain, the spiders, the endless tangles of vines, and the lack of juveniles are making it a punishing task at best. A hundred times a day I swear that I will call up the airline to change my ticket and be on the first plane out of here, but when I actually consider leaving Wrinkle Belly, Horace, Jess, Uno, Stacy, etc, I get all weepy and never want to go.

I’m sure with each sentence, this post is getting more and more lame, so I’d better sign off for now. Thanks for reading, for a whole year.

4 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, July 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa, your blog is anything but lame. You are destined to be a writer. I've enjoyed every single story you've written. Great job!

 
At 3:44 PM, July 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

above anonymous is Mom Scho...

 
At 4:07 PM, July 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree whole heartily with Mom Scho, I will miss so much coming to my computer and not having your blog to read. It has been so interesting and kept us all wondering what GOOD & BAD might be going to happen next!!!! I am happy you will be coming home to be with family and friends but will sure miss your writings.
Foxy Mom's old friend, Pat

 
At 8:39 PM, July 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lame? No way!!! This blog is awesome. I think you should compile everything into a book, one of several I'm sure that you will write some day as Dr. Raguet-Schofield. (It would also make a good LIFETIME movie. LOL) After reading about your adventures, I've laughed, I've cried, and on occasion, I've even felt a tinge of jealousy. And then some days, I'm just plain glad I'm not there in Nicaragua with you - ticks, scorpions, long bus and ferry rides, etc.
Seriously, you have a knack for story telling. Keep up the good work!
Auntie Scho

 

Post a Comment

<< Home