Monday, April 09, 2007

Safe and Sound

Just a quick blog to let anyone out there who reads this know that we have arrived safe and sound back on Ometepe. Our trip was a bit harrowing, but I’m too tired to go into any detail. We arrived at the hacienda on Saturday night, and I still haven’t slept in or unpacked. I was over-eager to get back to the monkeys, so I’ve spent the last two days out in the forest, sweltering under the blistering tropical sun. Both days I’ve been with the South Group (that of Uno), so no report on WB yet. Tomorrow I plan on staying in (hooray, sleeping in past 4:40am!) to test some plant samples in the morning.

Thanks to friends and family for hosting us and going the extra mile at every occasion. Regretfully, I didn’t get to see any of the Anthro crowd; its amazing how fast time flies when you’ve only got a couple of days in each location.

Will blog more later when I’m caught up on sleep (ugh, that could be a while) or otherwise when something interesting happens. Oh, speaking of interesting things, a tourist told us that Concepción erupted yesterday… again. Over here on Volcan Maderas, we didn’t notice a thing!

Thanks again and miss you all. Until later then.

2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, April 10, 2007, Blogger amypfan said...

Glad to hear you made it back okay. Enjoy your "sleeping in," although I'm guessing you'll still be up before me!

 
At 6:47 AM, April 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

melissa,
So glad to hear you arrived safely, hope you have been able to catch up on that much needed sleep. I will have to say, when you said, sweltering sun, I was a 'little' envious. We had some snow this morning, not a lot, but, WAY to much for April! Hope the monkeys are not hiding and doing what you want them to. Missed reading your blogs, but so glad you got to spend some time with your families.

Mom's "old" friend, Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home