Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fifth Time's a Charm

Rob and I decided to climb up to the waterfall in San Ramon again today. For me, it was the fifth time I’ve done it, and for Rob it was the third. Of course, we had to get to San Ramon first, which involved 3.8 km of biking roads like these: (actually only the first kilometer is this bad).


The hike up was not as hard as the volcano climb and quite lovely. Maybe about 2/3 of the way up, Rob and I encountered a group of capuchin monkeys. This pretty much made my day. I’ve never seen capuchins on my way to the waterfall before, so I guess the fifth time’s a charm.


Nothing will ever compare to the first time I saw the waterfall, but it is still beautiful each time I climb it:






After we finished the hike, Don Alberto (the cook at the Estación Biológica) made us super sweet lemonade (I think Alberto shows his love by the amount of sugar he adds to beverages).

It was a nice day, but I am thoroughly exhausted, so I will sign off for now. Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, March 20, 2007, Blogger amypfan said...

Looks gorgeous to me. Bryn and I went to the zoo during the one day she was feeling healthy last week, and I took special care to point out all the monkeys to her for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home