Thursday, March 22, 2007

Of Prodigal Dogs and Monkeys

Here are some photos I took last week of Wrinkle Belly, that prodigal monkey who I thought had left me but has since returned.


Love the belly!


Sleeping WB


For contrast, here is a different male with all of his fur intact.


Tonight, my little dog Sally showed up at dinner for the first time since January. Usually when the stray dogs aren’t around for a while, that’s the end of the story. I hadn’t expected to see Sally again; then lo and behold, she showed up. I gave her some bread crust and petted her soft little head. Then I went and got my camera and she posed for a few shots. Sweet Sally.



Well, I’m going to assume that SL doesn’t read the blog and go ahead and say that I’m taking another little break from fieldwork. Tomorrow Rob and I are going to Managua and on Saturday we’re flying back to the US for a bit. I am extremely eager to meet my new nephew who was born in January and in general to have some respite from the jungle. So just in case SL is reading: no worries, I made sure I got all my March data (well, more or less) already, and I will be back in time to get all my April data and then some. Besides, Pablo always says do whatever it is you need to do both mentally and physically to get the project done. Seeing my family and friends every 4 months isn’t too much to ask, is it??

I’ll sign off with this photo of Volcan Maderas, my beloved Nicaraguan home. Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, March 23, 2007, Blogger amypfan said...

I think that's the best shot yet of WB. And Sally is a cutie. I can't wait to get to see you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home