Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Life goes on

Today it was time to move on to the South Group even though I really wanted to spend the day scouring the forest in search of my beloved Wrinkle Belly. I know in my heart that I will probably not find him again, but there is a small part of me that keeps hoping. At any rate, I stuck with the plan and collected data on the South Group. It was actually a really great day with them. I followed a juvenile who just ate and ate and ate and ate, so I got a lot of good feeding data. Plus, they dropped a lot of the things they were eating, so now I’m going to stay in tomorrow and use the toughness tester on some of their interesting foods. For some reason I had thought to bring my camera out with me and I got a couple of good shots. The first one is of a young juvenile (not my focal animal, but a cute guy nonetheless) and the second one is his/her mom. They were both eating some vines on a big Guanacaste tree.



Thanks for reading!

4 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Lissie -- I've been waiting and waiting for you to let us know that Wrinkle Belly had maybe just found a cool spot to rest in the forest and has now returned to the group. But it sounds like no return yet. Kinda feel like he's part of the family!! Loved your pictures from today ... they sure posed for you!
hugs, auntie

 
At 7:49 AM, March 07, 2007, Blogger amypfan said...

Great pictures! Can't say the mom is too attractive, but then I guess that monkey standards are different. :) I'm glad you got some good data.... now crossing my fingers that the TT works for you!

 
At 10:06 AM, March 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about WB, he has become a part of all our families, but, ya know, when you get old sometimes we are better off. So, we will think positive that he is better off!!!! I feel like I can reach in and touch the monkeys in the trees, the pictures are just beautiful and so lifelike. Thanks again for sharing your adventure, its just been super to ride along.

The Old friend again, Pat

 
At 12:45 AM, March 08, 2007, Blogger Jodi said...

Greg is defending tomorrow morning!

Kegstands to come on Friday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home