Sunday, February 11, 2007

How I do laundry

Because Amy’s sister wanted to know how I do laundry, here is a photo. Its a concrete washboard and basin, and it really isn’t as fun as my expression indicates. Although actually, now that I’ve got the hang of it, I kind of wish I could have something like this when I go back to the US.

The other day while I was doing laundry, Daraysi (one of the girls who works here) came up to me and asked me how we do laundry in the US. I told her we had machines and she laughed, like that was the funniest thing she’d ever heard.

2 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, February 12, 2007, Blogger Melissa said...

Well, sometimes there is water coming out of the faucet. I am happy, but you and Logan are the tiny ones. Thanks for commenting, Momma

 
At 7:37 PM, February 12, 2007, Blogger amypfan said...

I will definitely direct my sister to this post. I attempted to wash my clothes in a manner like this when studying abroad, but they all ended up gray and kind of crisp, so I was obviously doing it wrong. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home