Thursday, December 07, 2006

Anonymous comments now enabled!

So, my dear friend Amy finally clued me in on how to let "anonymous" comments on my blog. Changing this setting was actually surprisingly easy, and it allows you to post comments without going through the trouble of setting up an account on Blogger. I think it may also allow Spam on my blog, but we'll try this out for a while and see how it works. Sorry I didn't figure this out earlier. Now I'm having a guilt trip for guilting so many friends and family into creating blogger accounts so that they could post comments (a pleading conversation I had with Cousin Dan comes to mind). Don't get rid of your accounts just yet; if I get inundated with Spam, I may have to revert to the old system. At any rate, if there is anyone out there who has ever wanted to post a comment but refrained from doing so because you didn't want to create a blogger account, now's your chance. Just make sure to tell me who you are or give me some kind of clue, so I know who is posting!

Sorry to everyone I forced to get an account, especially to Cousin Dan.

6 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, December 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa, I am your Mom's "OLD" friend from gradeschool and highschool. My name is Pat Moore, I just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed going through this adventure with you. Although, I have to say, I don't think I could put up with the snakes and etc: The pictures are just beautiful and to someone who barely gets out of Lacon, its wonderful to see another part of the world. Thanks so much for letting me travel along with you. I know your Mom and Dad are looking forward to seeing you and Rob for the holidays!

 
At 10:00 PM, December 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa,
To help prevent some spam in your comments, you can set up word verification (you have to type in a series of letters/numbers that show up to confirm you're a person and not a machine) under blog comment settings. I did this on mine after having some spam comments, and so far it's prevented further problems.

 
At 2:55 PM, December 08, 2006, Blogger Jodi said...

I've only had, maybe, three spammy comments on mine since I started it last spring. I don't think you need to worry (and as moderator/admin, you can delete any comments you don't want. Oh the power.)

 
At 11:10 PM, December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lissie,
This would work wonderful for me cause i can never remember my account stuff -- and can't ever seem to find the very special place i may have filed it!! Looking so forward to seeing you and Rob soon -- we're trying to warm it up for you!! Like 'Patsy', I have so enjoyed following along with you on your exciting adventures ... and i love your monkey names -- i tried to comment the other night (but again couldn't remember how) to tell you how I laughed at Amy P's suggestion that maybe the infants were at monkey day care!! Sounded just like her!!
Love and hugs, auntie

 
At 11:59 PM, December 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Melissa
Now I can finally make comments on this site. You seem to be having a wonderful time and I'm very glad the "Gringos" will allow you to continue your field study. Watch out for coral snakes! Tia Marcia

 
At 8:19 PM, December 10, 2006, Blogger Melissa said...

Thank you all for the comments! I think the new anonymous thing is working out well so far!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home