Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Big day

As many of you have noted, the internet hasn’t been working lately, but as of now, we’ve got a better connection. We even got to talk to our parents through iChat and Skype. Scroll down for numerous updates from the past several days….

As for today, it all worked out and Simeon came out to the forest with me. Alvaro also sent a young guy out with us to film the monkeys. We found the monkeys, and Simeon cut some more trails. We didn’t get much filming done because the foliage was really dense. Also, all the monkeys were doing was sleeping, so it was actually quite boring. Simeon identified some trees for me, so that was a big help.

My Chilean friends, Soledad and Alejandra are leaving Nicaragua tomorrow. They’re staying in Mérida at someone’s house, so I went over there to see them. Some guy handed me a really ugly looking fruit and told me to eat it. The fruit has a thick husk, and it was warm, as though it had been roasted over a fire. It tastes very rich, a little bit like banana but sweeter. He told me it is called “Anona,” and I had Rob take a picture of me eating it. Esta fruta es muy rica!

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, August 31, 2006, Blogger amypfan said...

Yay for a better internet connection! Even though I know you can't probably get online all that often on a remote volcanic island, I still panic when you don't post for a few days because I think you're Vortexing again. I've been doing some of that myself lately, although I would assume not nearly to the extent that you did. All of the MeyPfans are on their way to recovery now though--thank goodness, sick baby is no fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home