Monday, August 28, 2006

Monkey business

As planned, on Sunday, Rob went out with me to the forest. We found about a million monkeys. We spent about half the day with them and Rob was either worn out or bored, so we came back home.

Today, I went out by myself at the crack of dawn and stayed in the forest for something like 11 or 12 hours. I think I need some more trails out there, because I was hacking my way through some really dense jungle for a lot of the time. It was frustrating because for so much of the time they were in a place where the visibility was very poor. When they finally did eat, it was really hard to see what they were eating. Better luck next time, I guess!

Here's are a couple of pictures of Rob swimming in the lake:



And here's a picture of Volcan ConcepciĆ³n (the active volcano) on a cloudless day. Its hardly ever cloudless, but whenever it is, I take a bunch of pictures. So its going to seem like ConcepciĆ³n always looks this clear, when it hardly ever does!

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, August 31, 2006, Blogger amypfan said...

Gorgeous! I want to see a picture of you with a machete, making trails--I have a very hard time imagining that!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home