Friday, August 18, 2006

Nearly Recovered

I haven’t puked in something like 14 hours, but moving around still doesn’t feel great, so I guess I need to get my electrolytes back in order before traipsing off to the jungle. Yesterday when I wasn’t puking, I was having such a craving for saltine crackers and Ginger-Ale. Miraculously, Rob went to the little “Marfil” tienda right beside the hacienda and he found some Ritz crackers and some little graham-cracker type cookies. I’ve had a couple of the Ritz crackers and have kept them down; they really hit the spot. I’m really bored of lying down and just thinking, so hopefully today I can at least read a little and maybe even get caught up on Amy’s blog. I’m just hoping, hoping that whenever I get over this thing, I will be able to find the monkeys again.

I've posted several entries from the past several days, so if you scroll down, you can read everything that's been going on. Sorry Martin and Greg, it is probably to long for you.

3 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger amypfan said...

WOW. I'm so glad that at least Rob is well enough to be up and about and taking care of you. I'm sure the monkeys will still be there when you are better--or at least if not "there," meaning the same spot as before, at least nearby... I mean, it's a remote volcanic island, how far can they possibly go? (perhaps too far, scratch that!) Feel better!!!

 
At 7:35 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Jodi said...

Holy s&@t! I just read through all of your posts -- wow. I'm glad Rob is feeling better & I hope you stop puking. Stop puking, Melissa!!

And you thought your biggest worries were going to be all about the toughness tester.

 
At 7:36 PM, August 18, 2006, Blogger Jodi said...

Oh yeah - happy birthday!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home