Thursday, August 24, 2006

Attack of the killer ants

Yesterday during my trail-making, I had to go through zillions of Acacia trees. For those who’ve never been to a Central American jungle, Acacia trees are covered with sharp thorns and tiny red “fire” ants. I am usually pretty good about avoiding the Acacia ants, but at some point yesterday, I made contact and felt several of them stinging my left hand. By today, my whole hand is swole up and looking pretty gross. I worked this morning in the forest and then came home to put some ice on my hand and take a Benedryl. I’m hoping that does the trick. At any rate, I got some pretty good feeding data on a young juvenile in the forest this morning, so I am excited about that. Will sign off now—typing one-handed takes forever!

2 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger amypfan said...

Owie. Did Nicaragua have this many hazards the last two times you were there?

 
At 11:42 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger Jodi said...

Ummm, yeah. I think I'm going to stick to European museums for gathering my dissertation data...

I remember when I got to the boulangerie in Paris too late and they were all out of pains au chocolat. Now that was a tough day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home