Monday, October 30, 2006

Costa Rican Excursion Part 4: Return to Ometepe

(Monday 30 October 2006)
We left Liberia on a 7am bus and we were at the border by 8:30. Much to my surprise, we walked right back through with no problem. Apparently being in Costa Rica without an entry stamp isn’t a big deal. Maybe its because the Costa Rican immigration office at the border is not labeled as such and lots of people walk right by without knowing they are supposed to go to in there. But at least now Rob and I know where it is, so the next time I need to head out of the country, we will at least do it right. After getting our “Salida de Costa Rica” stamps, we crossed right through and got “Entrada” to Nicaragua stamps. I’ve checked my passport about a million times, to verify that I’ve been granted another 90 days in Nicaragua (this was the sole purpose of the trip to Costa Rica). Everything looks good, and I’m legal in this country for another 3 months.

The whole trip from Liberia to Ometepe took about 8 hours, involving 6 buses, 1 taxi, the ferry, and a half a Dramamine for me. But we made it back in one piece and I am happy to be home again in Ometepe. I saw Simeon at dinner and he told me that the whole time I was gone, he could hear the monkeys howling, “Melissa, donde estas?” Hopefully they will wait for me and be right where I can find them on Wednesday when I head back out into the forest again!

Thanks for reading this ultra-long story of our Costa Rica excursion!

1 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, November 01, 2006, Blogger amypfan said...

Wow, you've taught the monkeys to talk? I think that's PhD-worthy all on its own. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home