Thursday, September 21, 2006

Uno

Today was great. I followed an adult male all day and got some pretty good data. This particular male was rather distinctive. For those of you who have never observed howler monkeys: males have very large, very obvious testicles. The male I was following was missing one of his; I couldn’t help but name him Uno. All day long Uno was cavorting with an adult female who had pink spots on the soles of her feet. I called her Pink Lady. She had a young juvenile, and there was an older juvenile hanging around—presumably hers as well. They stayed in areas where Simeon had cut trails and the visibility was good, so I had no trouble staying with them all day.

When I got back from the forest, Rob was giving the little girl Ligia another English lesson. He was teaching her the numbers 1-20. She told us that she was practicing the words she learned yesterday with her friend Sonia. I’ll be she’s fluent by the time we leave.

Until later then.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, September 25, 2006, Blogger amypfan said...

Excellent job on the teaching of English--maybe you will have to teach me Spanish when you get back. I always wanted Bryn to be bilingual; however, the fact that I only speak a small smattering of Mrs. Weber-induced Spanish seems to be a flaw in that plan. Anyway, I really like the monkey names. Keep it up. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home